Mining Services 4 Africa in collaboration with Resources 4 Africa, the team that brings you the Junior and Joburg Indabas, has announced the launch of the first ever Cross-Border Mining Services (CBMS) Africa Indaba,
The Indaba will bring together senior-level professionals from mining companies, mining contractors, EPCMs, logistics companies, 3PL/4PL providers as well as finance and legal institutions to find solutions to the varied challenges, which the African mining industry faces when procuring and transporting goods and services across the continent.
“The enormous growth in mining activity across the African continent has seen an increasing demand for better infrastructure and improved cross-border business conditions, yet infrastructure still remains poor and in some cases non-existent.
“This has proved to be a challenge, and renders the process of procuring and transporting between countries a tedious task,” said the team.
Over two days the events expert speaker panel will discuss in detail the opportunities and challenges faced by the mining services industry in Africa, including:
- What are the best strategies for alleviating constraints in cross-border supply chains?
- What works and what doesn’t work in Africa?
- What are the different types of supply chain and what works best for your business?
- Demand planning and forecasting and managing its impact on the supply chain
- What is the true cost of exporting into Africa?
- Trade finance and cross-border payments: how to fund the movement of goods in and around Africa?
- The changing role of the procurement manager
- The power of responsible procurement and conflict-free minerals
In addition, there will be a one-day pre-event workshop dedicated to helping you manage the legal and tax challenges when exporting goods in and around Africa.